SuperOrganism
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neil McCoy

Go down

Neil McCoy Empty Neil McCoy

Post by Neil McCoy Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:01 pm

I'm Neil McCoy, and I'm relatively new to ants (my broader background is in ecology and graphic design). I'm currently working on my MS in zoology at NCSU with Rob R Dunn. My ant-related focus is myrmecochory, but my interest has broadened as I've learned more and more about ants and worked around a lot of folks who are really passionate myrmecologists. Right now my focus is on ant-plant interactions in the Eneabba sandplains of southwestern Australia. My masters project highlights the role two species of Rhytidoponera (violacea and metallica) play in the diverse plant community of the Kwongan. I've followed up my initial seed removal research with some seed fate experiments (with Acacia) in the same region. I'm hopeful to get the chance for a third field season to travel to New Zealand and study R. metallica as an exotic seed disperser. Anyhow, I'm glad Benoit put this forum together and I'm looking forward to seeing a scientific community develop on here as the word spreads.

Neil

Neil McCoy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum